Marketing Tips« Back to Ideas Collection
More Marketing Tips
- • Build Your Brand with the 4 P’s of Marketing
- • 5 Elements of an Irresistible Offer
- • How Magnetic Marketing Cements Customer Loyalty
- • How to Persuade Prospects to Say Yes
- • How to Make Your Idea Stick
- • How to Perfect Your Sales Copy
- • The Power of Simplicity in Marketing
- • Funnel Your Efforts in the Right Direction
- • Only As Strong As Your Weakest Touch Point
- • Smart Companies Get People Talking
- • 6 Steps To Customer-Centric Writing
- • Sell With Words That Inspire
- • Creating a Category of One
- • Four Keys to Building Customer Relations
- • Eye-Stopping Headlines
- • Powerful Business Cards
- • Design Direct Mail That Sells
- • Create a Great New Logo
Tips for Unleashing the Amazing Sales and Marketing Power of Business Cards
Business cards may be small, but their impact is huge. A business card plays an important part in making a lasting impression upon those you do business with.
When choosing a business card, don't be cheap. (If you're on a limited budget, try to save elsewhere.) Experienced sales reps know how important it is to make a good impression on their prospects. They buy nice clothes, drive nice cars, and wine and dine prospects and clients - only to give them a 5¢ business card?!? Why not consider a business card that would really wow a customer and adds to the overall good impression?
- Feature your company name prominently, with your name and title smaller. Using your company logo is important because it will help people associate your name with the product you are selling.
- Don't take up too much space listing all the ways you can be contacted. It's best to list your phone, email address, and website.
- Full-color printing can add a dramatic impact to the look of your business card. If your budget doesn't support full color, there are a lot of creative possibilities using two colors of ink combined with a third color of paper.
- Don't overlook the backside of your business card. It is a great place to add more sales and marketing information, your mission statement, a map and location, or photos of your products.
- It's worth the time! Business cards are one of the most important tools for business today. The time and effort you spend creating and printing excellent business cards will pay future dividends.
by Jeannet Leenderste
Business card design is about making information available, memorable, and accessible in a very small package - a challenge that graphic designers are faced with on a daily basis. This book presents hundreds of the best and most creative business card graphics out there today. Featured are hundreds of business cards from hundreds of businesses, including artists, photographers, designers, restaurateurs, retailers, corporate, personnel management, and more. The designers featured in this volume show that size does not limit creative and effective graphic communication.